South Metro Fire Rescue is looking for Paramedic/Firefighters to join our organization for the Spring 2022 Paramedic/Firefighter Academy.
Please be advised, all candidates must complete the FireTEAM test including Work Attitude questionnaire by 11/01/2021 and have a CPAT certificate that is valid through 3/1/2022.
Please use the following link for a full job description, testing information, applicant requirements, hiring process and timeline: https://www.southmetro.org/411/Firefighter-Careers
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Performs paramedic, firefighting, emergency medical and rescue work in emergency situations. Provides advanced and basic life support care under SMFR Medical Director’s approved protocols and statutes. Ensures that other EMT personnel provide basic life support under their oversight. Maintains apparatus, vehicles, equipment, and fire stations. Employees are assigned to a field station and perform a wide variety of emergency medical, firefighting, and rescue techniques under direct and limited supervision.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
- Must be 21 years of age or older by hire date of 3/1/2022.
- Valid FireTEAM test score through 3/1/2022.
- Valid CPAT certificate through 3/1/2022.
- Current Colorado State Paramedic Certification or National Registry Paramedic Certification.
- Current American Heart Association ACLS Provider.
- Current American Heart Association CPR Provider.
- Must currently hold PALS certification.
- Possess or be able to obtain a Colorado Driver License by hire date of 3/1/2022.
- Possess and maintain an acceptable driving record in accordance with SMFR’s Driving Records Policy.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, criminal history review, physical, fitness/wellness assessment, medical evaluation, drug screen and psychological exam.
- In order to have the best-trained, most committed paramedics to serve our community, SMFR requires a commitment of a 5-year term of continuous employment as a Paramedic/Firefighter before being eligible for a position change (i.e. applying or competing for other internal promotional opportunities, transfers, or voluntary demotions), effective January 1, 2022. This in no way implies or creates a contract of employment for the 5-year term, as all SMFR policies and procedures are applicable.
** PLEASE NOTE: SMFR does not permit the use of marijuana including the previous 12 months from contingent offer regardless of whether it is legal in the state of Colorado. **