Communications / PIO Team
South Metro Fire Rescue has a team of communications/PIO professionals who work to ensure citizens, community and the media are updated on incidents, events and activities around the South Metro district.
- Kristin Eckmann, Communications Director
- Eric Hurst, PIO
- Connor Wist, PIO
There is a PIO on-call 24/7 to help answer questions and to ensure information gets out to the public should an incident occur within South Metro's District.
- 11/09/2021: South Metro Fire Rescue Has Entered into a Settlement Agreement for 2019 Case Involving Ketamine
- 10/05/2021: South Metro Fire Rescue Board of Directors Pass Resolution Officially Recognizing Fire Prevention Week
- 7/1/2021: South Metro Fire Rescue is Awarded International Reaccreditation Status
- 4/15/2021: South Metro Fire Rescue Recognizes Emergency Dispatchers as First Responders
- 1/12/2021: South Metro Fire Rescue Appoints Tobias Kirschke as Assistant Chief of Employee Services
- 8/17/2020: South Metro Completes Review of Case Involving Ketamine
- 3/18/2020: South Metro Fire Rescue to Close Administrative Facilities to Public due to COVID-19 Pandemic
- 12/2/2019: Station 20 is Moving Forward. Station 20 in Highlands Ranch will be breaking ground in January 2020.
- 5/2/2019: Station 20 Community Meeting. South Metro is proposing a new, approximately 8,420 gross square foot single story fire station (Station 20).
- 4/1/2019: New Academy Class. SMFR started a new 16-week academy in April. We take viewers behind the scenes of their training.
- 1/1/2019: Littleton and South Metro Merge. On Jan. 1, 2019, Littleton Fire Rescue and South Metro merged to create one fire department
South Metro PIO's are featured in a Weekly Vlog, giving you a behind the scenes look at our District. CHeck out their latest vlog here. You can also follow the PIO YouTube Channel.