Step # 1 FireTEAM TEST
Candidates are required to take the FireTEAM test. The test is administered through the National Testing Network and available during our hiring cycle. Visit the National Testing Network to identify a testing center near you and register to take the test.
- There is a $50 fee to take the FireTEAM test that will be at the candidate’s expense.
- Each candidate must complete the Work Attitude Questionnaire as part of the FireTEAM testing process. Candidates not completing this test will be eliminated from our testing process.
- FireTEAM minimum passing score deemed valid by NTN are as follows:
|Test||Minimum Passing Score|
|Work Attitude Questionnaire Score (WAQ)||60 *Please note that per NTN policy, the candidate’s WAQ test score will not be visible to the candidate|
Step #2 CPAT
- Candidates are required to have a CPAT certificate that is valid through the hiring cycle.
- Only a CPAT licensed by the International Association of Firefighters (IAFF) and the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) will be accepted. South Metro Fire Rescue does not host the CPAT test. It is the candidate’s responsibility to obtain the certification on their own.
CPAT Resources for out of state candidates:
National Testing Network (NTN) provides convenient professional administration of the CPAT in Arizona, Florida, Oregon and Washington. Please visit https://nationaltestingnetwork.com/publicsafetyjobs/cpat_info.cfm
Step # 3 APPLICATION:
Based on the candidates’ FireTEAM scores, SMFR will invite several hundred candidates to apply. Applications will be due no later than 03/31/2020.
Step # 4 ORAL BOARD:
Approximately 150 candidates will be invited to participate in the Oral Board process in May 2020. This is strictly an approximation and the actual number will vary based on the number of successful candidates in Step #3.