Newton’s Laws of Motion & Real-Life Crash Scenarios
We are introducing our new self-led "Newton’s Laws of Motion and Real Life Crash Scenarios" resource hub! This plug-and-play resource is designed to fit seamlessly into your curriculum, offering your students an engaging and educational experience.
- Comprehensive coverage of Newton's Laws of Motion through Understanding Car Crashes by the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety
- Pre-test "What do you know" Kahoot activity
- Ready-to-use downloadable PowerPoint template
- Post-test Kahoot activity
- Downloadable reaction time activity
- Colorado Department of Transportation's What is Distracted Driving? video
Xplorlabs is an engaging and educational platform that encourages students to learn about the science of fire forensics and related topics to “solve through science.” It is especially focused on engaging middle-school students to encourage their continued interest in science at the critical juncture when students develop scientific identity.
Through a blended model of high-quality online interactive activities, videos, instructional experiences, hands-on classroom investigations, and creative classroom challenges, the Xplorlabs platform is a free, STEM-focused experience that creates interesting opportunities and STEM resources that create engagement, skills, knowledge, and action in the science of safety. Below, we have listed some of our favorite lesson plans for this age group!
License to Survive
As eighth-grade caregivers, you are quickly approaching the permitting process! Learn about teen driving survival and graduated driver licensing through this free program offered by the South Metro Safety Foundation. License to Survive is a free 90-minute seminar for parents and teens who are ready to start the driving permit process. All beginning drivers are welcome to attend.
You will gain:
- An understanding of the learn-to-drive process and Graduated Licensing Laws
- Information on caregiver responsibilities and liabilities
- Tops on how to be effectively involved as your student begins to drive
- Learn what to teach, where, and how
Super Sitter Babysitting Class
The Super Sitter Babysitting Class is designed to provide young babysitters with the skills and knowledge they need to be responsible, safe, and successful. This fun and interactive class is perfect for anyone aged 11 to 16 who wants to become a super sitter!
Safety Tips for Teens (15 to 19 Years)
Visit Safety for Teens | Safe Kids Worldwide for safety tips on driving, sports, medication, and more.