South Metro Fire Rescue is continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation and want to assure the community that safety and preventative measures to limit exposure to our personnel and citizens is our top priority. Because of this, South Metro has determined that we will be postponing station tours, engine demos and ride longs at this time (until further notice) in an effort to help minimize exposure. We do remain committed to our citizens, however, and will work with them to ensure that we schedule tours, demos, etc. to a later time. Thank you for your understanding.
A station tour is a pre-scheduled educational walk-through and apparatus/equipment demonstration at any of our 29 fire stations. SMFR is pleased to schedule station tours for citizens of our fire district on pre-designated dates and times based on our training schedule. During scheduled station tours, firefighter will remain in-service and ready to respond to emergencies and therefore may have to cancel, be late and/or may have to leave early. Station tours are typically scheduled from 45 minutes to 1 hour long.
Requests for station tours must meet the following requirements:
- Must originate through SMFRs external website
- Must be received no later than three weeks prior to requested tour date
- Participants must live in the district
- Group/class is allowed one tour per school year
- Group cannot be a scouting troop
- We ask that the majority of audience be at least four years old
- Maximum allowed participants is 25 people (including children and adults)
- A one adult to five children ratio is requested (1:5)
Please note that SMFR will not:
- Host birthday parties or festivities at fire stations
- Allow tours before 10 am or after 6 pm
SMFR reserves the right to deny any request. If your request is not approved, you will receive timely notification of the reason.