Pre-Planned Special Events
South Metro Fire Rescue (SMFR) works with the community throughout our District for various types of special events. Our special event requests fall into two different categories depending on requirements and needs. Please read carefully which is applicable to your needs.
South Metro works with various event planners and members of the community to help ensure that events within our district are safe for all those who attend.
There are many variations of special events, and your event may require a permit. So that we may best serve the needs of the community, we ask that you please fill out the form below to notify us of your event. We will then review your information and get back to you to let you know if a permit is required.
To notify us of your event, please click here.
If you have questions about this process and/or would like to speak with us directly, please contact our Fire Marshal’s office at 720-989-2230 or email email@example.com
For a list of applicable fees for our pre-planned events, click here.
Event organizers may also request SMFR personnel/equipment such as medical, specialty teams or other apparatus and personnel for their special event. Request for SMFRs participation in a pre-planned special events must meet the following requirements:
- Must originate through SMFRs external website
- Must be a public event within SMFRs jurisdiction
- Notification of event must be a minimum of three weeks prior to the scheduled event date
- Must contain a public safety education element or a community relations opportunity
Due to the amount of requests that SMFR receives, we are unable to:
- Attend a for-profit business endorsement event (i.e. grand openings)
- Fill dunk tanks or swimming pools
- Use aerial apparatus to drop items that may cause harm to individuals on the ground
- Host birthday parties at residences or at any SMFR facility
** If you would like to request SMFR personnel/equipment at your event, click here.